Please send a letter of application and a current resume including the name and contact information for three references to Kelly Murphy at Kelly.Murphy@icrhouse.org. Resumes will be reviewed beginning Monday, October 28, 2019.
Providing temporary shelter and a pathway to self-sufficiency for the homeless in Isabella County
Starting Salary Range:
$40,000 - $50,000; health insurance is not provided
General Description of Responsibilities
The Executive Director is the public face of Isabella County Restoration House (ICRH) and is the principal managing officer of the agency. The Executive Director will be committed to the goals of ICRH and serving the needs of the homeless population of Isabella County. This person has overall strategic and operational responsibility for ICRH’s staff, including programming, development, marketing, and will regularly report to the Board of Directors regarding progress of organizational activities and execution of the organization’s mission.
Administration of the ICRH program
- Leadership and administrative oversight for the ICRH program, which includes the day shelter, intake, case management, and rotating shelter.
- Responsible for administering the rotating shelter, which currently operates from late October through mid April, including evening, overnight, and weekend work as needed.
- Work closely with the church/host site coordinators as needed to ensure the shelter experience goes as smoothly as possible.
- Direct supervision of all paid staff and unpaid interns, including hiring, training, and evaluation as well as indirect supervision of volunteers as appropriate.
- Contribute to a strong organizational brand by maintaining effective relationships with churches/host sites, volunteers, area media, and the community.
- Responsible for development and dissemination of appropriate press releases, marketing, advertising, and promotion of events.
- Seek opportunities to represent ICRH in the community, including speaking engagements.
- Effectively work with relevant community members, organizations, partner agencies, and businesses.
- Supervise the activities of the website, social media, and other forms of communications/public relations.
- Lead ICRH in fundraising efforts.
- Nurture relationships with potential and current donors.
- Assist the finance committee in developing and proposing an annual budget.
- Implement budgets for all programs.
- Conduct, oversee, and implement activities relating to banking, bookkeeping, accounting, payroll, sales and payroll taxes, and filing appropriate forms and reports.
- Initiate and maintain grant-writing activities and implement the award of grant funding.
- Support the Board of Directors: serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement in the strategic vision of the organization.
- Make recommendations for updates to the personnel policy handbook when appropriate.
- Serve as ex-officio member of the Board of Directors.
- Coordinate and provide orientation for new members of the Board of Directors.
- Keep the Board of Directors informed of organization policies, bylaws, report filing dates, responsibilities and duties of Board and committees, the overall schedule of activities, and other information that will assist the Board to act in a timely and appropriate fashion.
- Comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
- Investigate the development of sufficient affordable housing in Mt. Pleasant.
- Lead future expansion of the ICRH program.
Other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years previous work in leadership and management
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in human services
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- Ability to work with a wide range of personalities
- Computer literate and willing to learn new programs
- Master’s degree in social work or comparable field
- Previous work in non-profit management
- Demonstrated fundraising experience
- Grant writing experience